Below are the resources I’ve found most valuable and interesting.
- Anything from these books top VCs recommend. I have used this as a reading list and it hasn’t disappointed.
- Why We Sleep is an incredible book that will make you think about how to optimize your sleep to benefit your life
- The Power of Habit is the best resource I can think of for building good habits
Websites / Blogs
I don’t actually read blogs much, but there are a few that I find abnormally insightful or helpful.
- http://eugenewei.com is written by a fellow who worked at Amazon in the early days. The posts are extremely interesting and intelligent.
- http://tidytextmining.com will get you started doing text analysis really fast. It’s a great resource.
I’ll add to this list as I come across other helpful resources. If you’re interested in more specific topics that I write about (learning R, for example), reach out to me directly at [joe at this website] or on twitter.
If you’d like to get an email when I write a new post, sign up here: