Below are the resources I’ve found most valuable and interesting.
- Anything from these books top VCs recommend. I have used this as a reading list and it hasn’t disappointed.
- Why We Sleep will make you think about how to optimize your sleep to benefit your life
- The Power of Habit is the best resource I can think of for building good habits
- Secrets of Sand Hill Road is a great overview of venture capital
Websites / Blogs
I don’t actually read blogs much, but there are a few that I find abnormally insightful or helpful:
- http://eugenewei.com always impresses me with his insight and clarity
- http://avc.com is the only newsletter I read daily and is great
- https://oversharing.substack.com/ is a good newsletter about platform / gig economy businesses
Learning Data Analysis
- R for Data Science is the best resource I’ve found for getting started in R
- http://tidytextmining.com will get you started doing text analysis really fast. It’s a great resource.
I’ll add to this list as I come across other helpful resources. If you’re interested in more specific topics that I write about (learning R, for example), reach out to me directly at [joe at this website] or on twitter.
If you’d like to get an email when I write a new post, sign up here: